3 QUICK MEALS FOR THE LAZY ONES
We at times find ourselves too lazy to start cooking from scratch. There is the option for eating out, maybe some fries and chicken? But then again, we get so used to that and seek some quick ways to put something together. Here are 3 recipes I put together:
I know right? Sounds a bit boujee but it is an egg recipe. Here is how to go about it:
- Beat eggs and spices of your choice( I would ad black pepper and parsley here) and salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended.
- Heat oil in 6 to 8-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet over medium heat until melted.Cook some onions, tomatoes, zucchini and carrots before pouring in egg mixture; cook over low to medium heat until eggs are almost set.
- Remove from heat. Cover and LET STAND until eggs are completely set and no visible liquid egg remains, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your frittata and go brag to friends about this
- You can play around with it and throw in some bacon and potato or other veggies of your choice
There are a lot of fun ways you can make noodles. Here is one of them:
- In a bowl mix boiled noodle, 1/2 a cup of tomatoes, onions, asparagus and shredded potatoes.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of and a teaspoon of soy sauce
- in a separate bowl, beat an egg and pour it over the noodle mixture and mix well
- add 3 table spoons of cornflour to the mixture
- make round balls of the mixture and fry them in hot oil in a pan
- Let them cook on one side before turning them
- Fry until golden brown and enjoy!
Left over rice
- In a pan, fry one finely chopped eggplant to medium
- A little bit of garlic while at it never hurt a soul, I think. Sprinkle in a little bit of soy
- Keep cooking the eggplants on the side of the pan as you fry 1 finely chopped white onion
- keep cooking the eggplant and onion on the side as you introduce 2 eggs to the pan. (Add a bit of oil to the side of the pan you crack eggs on)
- Mix the egg with the eggplant and onions and add the left over rice immediately to the pan.
- Let it sit for about 3 minutes until the rice is crispy. Flavour it with your preferred spices and serve hot