Can we really be friends?..Just friends
Being friends with the opposite sex isn’t impossible. But, just because of pure human nature, there are ingrained systems, thoughts, and impulses within that can make male-female friendships often confusing. So, here are a few guidelines to help you chora how to navigate these muddy waters.
- Don’t go into a friendship with an ulterior motive-do not bring other fishy intentions here.This is probably not going to work in your favor. So many people try to be friends with someone because they want something from them.
- Ask yourself what would happen if you were both single-before fully engaging in an opposite sex friendship ask yourself what would happen if you were both single? Make sure you can say with complete certainty that neither you nor him would try to change the nature of your relationship. Because, if only your current relationship status is keeping this friendship a “friendship,” then that’s not really a friendship at all.
- Define your relationship- state that it is a friendship from the beginning. Poeple need clear lines. Everyone is human and has feelings. Often, if you make it clear to someone from the beginning that you will never be more than friends, they’ll respect that, put you in the “Friends Zone” mental box, and look at other people to fulfill those other needs.
- Try to stay in groups- if you constantly spend time alone together, other guys will think you’re taken. Your friends and extended friends will assume something is going on, or is going to. They’ll often spread that word and before you know it, nobody else is asking you out.
- If someone has feelings, take a break- this is necessary.Take a couple of months to cool off and reevaluated your feelings. Do not lose them as a friend. In fact, become close friends even when either if you gets into relationships. Respect this person’s feelings and give.
- Recognize when you’re just lonely- If you haven’t been on a date in a while, out of pure loneliness or horniness…lol.. your mind might clasp onto whatever male is nearby. But realize that that’s just loneliness, not chemistry.