(Information from Diageo website)
As a global leader in beverage alcohol, our 200+ brands are part of every day celebrations in over 180 countries. Our ambition? We want to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world.
Diageo is where you’ll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences, and perspectives, wherever you’re based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment, where everyone can flourish.
- Team Assistant – Africa Source COE
This role manages a range of relationships with key stakeholders across the Operations department and other functions including:
- Supply Leadership teams
- Line managers
- Support Services teams
- External service providers
- Global Procurement teams
- To carry both internal and external administrative and protocol/reception duties that do not need to take up the team’s time so as to ease workload and coordination with the Global function (Supply & Procurement, Plan COE and GDBS)
- Co-ordination with travel agents regarding travel arrangements from time to time.
- Replying standard queries on telephone and mail on behalf of the team.
- Routing/dispatching all correspondence to relevant internal and external offices
- Making external and internal appointments for the team. Assisting in drafting, circulating and replying to various correspondence and responding to routine administrative queries both internal and external
- Developing and managing an efficient and up to date filing system.
- Facilitating resources required for meetings as well as ensuring all minutes and pre-reads are circulated beforehand.
- Ensure the office has a good and hygienic atmosphere conducive for working
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree qualification or equivalent is required,
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience working in a complex business set up and/or FMCG environment
- Key functional capabilities required for this role are excellent relationship building and influencing skills, highly organized with the ability to multi-task, excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly important for managing expectations with stakeholders and external suppliers.
Job Posting Start Date:
2. Early Career Internship Program
Launch your career and join the World’s Leading Premium Drinks business!
At EABL, we take pride in continuously investing in Talent to ensure that we have the best pool of resources across our Markets. This goes hand in hand with our ambition to create the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in Africa.
Our Early Career Internship Program (ECIP) runs quarterly; January-March, April-June, July-September and October-December. Applications open in the second month of every preceding quarter. Apply now or create your profile for the next intake.
To apply for the internship program:
- You must be a 3rd year or final year student– (i.e. going back to school to continue with studies after internship) in a public or accredited private academic institutions undertaking a Bachelor’s Degree.
- You must be on break/ holiday from school during the internship period for this intake which is 1st April – 30th June 2020.
What you will need:
- A successful intern has a desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn and explore possibilities.
- Strong listening skills are also required to perform this role.
- Oral and written communication skills, the ability to follow directions, as well as not being afraid to ask questions will ensure a productive internship.
- An excellent Excel Spreadsheet skill is essential.
- Very articulate with fluent English.
- Patient, attention to detail, fast learner, committed, able to follow instructions, can work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Keen to learn about the markets and also with high attention to detail and pride in their work at this initial stage of their career development
- A commitment to completing the 3 months’ internship program.
- Letter from your institution indicating you are a student there and/or require an internship as part of requirement for course completion.
- Personal Accident insurance cover for the period of the internship
- Bank account details
- Copy of National Identity Card
- Copy of KRA PIN
- Copy of NSSF
- Copy of NHIF
Job Posting Start Date:
- The internship is for a fixed period of three months without extension
- Applications close on Monday 16th March 2020
- Please note you will be required to complete an online test as soon as the application process is closed in order to progress through the recruitment process.
Apply through here
3. Transport Planner
Transport Planner (MOVE)
Reports to: Head of Logistics
Purpose of the Role:
This role is to support the Head of Logistics and support the management of transport operations across the region providing a service of executing operations, partnering with transport providers and adding value to each market in the region. The outcomes of this CoE (Centre of Excellence) are measured in: Cost Efficiency, Service and Collaborative and value-creating relationships
The role holder will work with a complex range of in-market stakeholders (MD, Supply, Finance, and Commercial) as well as the Central Operational Excellence and CoE team)
He/she will need to interact across cultures & have a strong influence/impact within businesses and with external suppliers. He/she will also need to engage and partner with key Diageo Supply Partners (3PL’s, GDBS, etc.) as well as external transport suppliers.
- Develop and publish Daily inbound and outbound transport plans using the (Transport Management System) TMS.
- Help manage transport spend to be within budget and delivering operational savings
- Provide expert transport knowledge understanding regional dynamics to ensure credibility of CoE
- Plan and manage transport operations in the market to ensure efficiencies in cost and customer service.
- Develop a synergistic relationship with PLAN and SOURCE CoE and Sales in markets to ensure delivery of overall supply excellence
- Work with transport operations to support market requirements across the CoE (Center of Excellence)
Requirements – Capabilities, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the transport role with road freight in a manufacturing company working across multiple sites in different countries
- Knowledge and experience of sea freight operations
- Demonstrable ability to engage and align stakeholders behind plans and win support for implementing change with transport suppliers
- BSc or MSc in a supply chain related subject
- Demonstrable knowledge of end to end supply chain and customer collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written combined with the ability to engage effectively at all levels in the organization
- An understanding of how leading technology can enable effective logistics operations
- Knowledge of TMS, GPS tracking and e-POD systems and experience of implementation of the same
- Numerate and ability to apply KPI’s to drive performance management at all levels with transport suppliers.
Excellence in Supply Chain:
- Upholds Standards – The role holder will be expected to embrace the EISC (Excellence in Supply Chain) Standards, always apply them effectively in their role and adhere to them.
- Performance Management – The role holder will understand the importance of tiered performance management, identifying critical KPIs and required practices on a shift, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis with the ability to bring suppliers on the same journey.
- Continuous Improvement – the role holder will be expected to be flexible and embrace change, continuously looking for ways to improve operations. From techniques such as SIC and DMAIC, they should drive structured continuous improvement practices.
- Win through Execution – Lead bold execution in a fast-moving world
- Inspire through Purpose – Amplify our purpose internally and externally
- Shape the Future – Create focus and ownership for shaping Diageo’s future ambition
- Invest in Talent – Harness the full extent of Diageo’s talent and diversity
Job Posting Start Date:
Application Deadline – 13 March 2020