These organisations are currently hiring:
Business Studies Teacher – A Level
Responsible for teaching of Business Studies class(es), including planning and preparing courses and lessons; setting and marking of work; and assessing, recording and reporting on development, progress and attainment.
- Minimum Requirements/ Competencies:
- Education: Possess a Bachelor’s degree/ A Post-Graduate Diploma in Education in the relevant subject(s).
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years’ of teaching experience with exposure to the British National Curriculum in IGCSE, AS and ‘A’ Level. (‘A’ Level experience will be an added advantage).
- Possess: a TSC registration Certificate.
- Must be a committed individual who is passionate to work with students.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with parents, staff and students.
- Key Skills: Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Organisation Skills
The Communications Manager will take a dynamic approach to developing and executing the Livestock Market Systems Activity communications strategy. S/he will build relationships across the LMS project portfolio with staff and take a proactive approach to identifying stories and messaging that communicates LMS learning and results to various stakeholders, especially USAID. S/he will lead both internal and external communications efforts, S/he will contribute to content-development of project outreach materials, including learning, success stories, Facebook/LinkedIn postings, Tweets, presentations, photography, videography, events management, and media relations. S/he will liaise between project partners, beneficiaries, key project staff, and local service providers to build a strong bridge for the exchange of information and incorporate the project’s learning, results and findings into the overall communications and outreach activities of the project.
- Education: Master’s degree in Mass Communication or its equivalent
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years’ experience in communication, especially using digital media and excellent writing skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
- Experience drafting and executing a comprehensive communication plan in support of a project strategy, incorporating a variety of media and tactics;
- Experience writing and managing content for a variety of media including digital and social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.), video scripts and story-boarding, case studies, and factsheets/briefings;
- Ability to work proactively with teams to anticipate and identify learning and results occurring in the field and craft messaging around those;
- Ability to work independently as well as build relationships across a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to represent the project in external meetings including with the donor;
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information quickly;
- Ability and willingness to travel in LMS’s implementation counties (Garissa, Isiolo, Marsabit, Turkana, Wajir), including to remote locations;
- Knowledge of graphic design and photo/video editing software.
Please submit a resume to [email protected]. In the subject line, please include the position title. Resume and all associated application documents shall be provided as a single attachment in and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Deputy Director Energy Access Finance – Africa
GreenMax is known as one of the premier clean energy finance advisors serving Africa. GreenMax is currently seeking to hire a Deputy Director to help manage our Energy Access business activities in Africa.
Requirements for this position are:
- At least 5 years of experience in the Energy Access sector, preferably with direct experience analyzing financial and commercial viability of off grid energy strategies and enterprises.
- At least 2 years of experience working in Sub Saharan Africa
- At least one example of having participated as lead analyst in creating the financial and or business model strategy for an off grid energy enterprise in Africa.
- At least one example of having played a leading role in the capital raise for an off-grid energy enterprise in Africa.
- Strong communication, business development and negotiation skills
- Ability to write extremely well in English
- French or Portuguese language skills would be a plus.
- University Degree in a related field (Finance, Renewable Energy, Sustainability etc)
Send CV, short writing sample and recent compensation history. Applications submitted without compensation history will not be considered. No phone calls, no recruiters please.
Sigona Golf Club is leading with over 1000 private members and a golf course designed to championship standards. The Club is seeking to hire an energetic, results-oriented and aggressive ICT Officer who has the potential and has demonstrated the ability to perform.
The ICT Officer will have the responsibility for content, quality, design, and style of the Sigona Golf Club website, internet and social media platforms, ensure adequate online representation of the Club, assure adequate communication and interaction with the Club’s clients and stakeholders and will manage the Club ERP.
The Main Objective of this role is to drive the use of technology in the organization, provide effective IT systems, help develop and implement IT standards and policies, and provide technology support and solutions to meet the needs of Sigona Golf Club.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
- Diploma in ICT (minimum)
- Three (3) years of proven experience in ICT
- Must demonstrate a clear knowledge of ERP
- Excellent design ability
- Must have excellent problem-solving analytic
- Good communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Team player
If you are interested in the above position, please apply by emailing your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address, 3 referees from organizations you have recently served and your salary expectation to:
Sigona Golf Club,
P.O.Box 10- 00902
Closing date for applications is October 20, 2019, and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.