IT assistant job vacancy
Kenya Association of Music Producers (KAMP) and Performers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK) are Collective Management Organisations licensed by the Kenya Copyright Board under the Copyright Act, Cap 130 Laws of Kenya to represent producers of sound recordings and performers of audio and audio-visual works respectively. KAMP and PRISK are both mandated to collect license fees from the users of sound recordings and audiovisual works and distribute royalties to their respective rights holders.
KAMP-PRISK jointly, are seeking to hire a full time, resourceful and skilled IT Assistant to provide professional support at the head office in Nairobi. His/her main focus will be in the areas of computer operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software) and data management. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired results. Requires minimum supervision and may act as lead when the need arises. Update supervisor on status of projects or technical issues. Exercise judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly. May provide technical support to staff on established policies and procedures, or services provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs, monitor antivirus software and updates and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses
- Monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security
- Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service, assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment
- Contribute to KAMP-PRISK technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards development
- Assist users in determining appropriate software solutions to meet needs, develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use
- Provide backup technical support for network including router, firewall, and wireless access point
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with other staff
- Maintaining current or creating new technical distribution systems for member royalties
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Technology or any other computer related field
- A basic understanding of computer network cabling and network file and print services
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a high performing teams
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints
- Ability to develop, maintain, and promote strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Minimum of one year work experience in a busy IT department
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your resume and cover letter to the address below. All applications must be delivered on or before Wednesday, 18th October, 2017. The subject of the email should be “IT ASSISTANT”.
Only candidates who meet the minimum set of qualifications will be contacted.