Six basic cholera prevention ways
Now that Daystar University has confirmed that 10 of their students have been admitted to hospital and their diagnosis is Cholera, we have to stay safe. Cholera is bad. Like baad. If you have the following symptoms, then you probably have cholera. Get checked immediately.
- Diarrhea. Cholera-related diarrhea comes on suddenly and may quickly cause dangerous fluid loss — as much as a litre an hour
- Nausea and vomiting. Occurring especially in the early stages of cholera, vomiting may persist for hours at a time
Here are ways you can prevent cholera:
- Drink and use safe water.
- Wash your hands often with soap and safe water.
- Use latrines to bury your feces do not defecate in any body of water.
- Cook food well. Boil it, cook it, peel it or leave it.
- Clean up safely. Wash you house or hostel thoroughly especially the kitchen and the bathroom.
- Consider getting vaccinated before you travel.